Summer loving

Summer loving
Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Where did all the twins come from?

Ok, so no offense to anyone who has twins, or multiples, but my rant today is about the sudden appearance of twins everywhere I go.
When I was pregnant with the boys, I didn't see ANY twins anywhere, although I did know another mom who was pregnant at the same time with identical twin girls, who although having TTTS for the whole pregnancy were born fine at 36 weeks.
Now is seems I see them everywhere I go. Where did they all come from? I get that I am bound to run into twin sets when I go to places like McMaster, or Sick Kids, or places like that, but why do I see them now at Price Chopper, walking down third line while I am trying to run to clear my head, the zoo, the mall, Starbucks, etc, etc. It's not like I begrudge anyone who has healthy surviving twins ( ok, maybe just a little, if we are being honest) but every time I see them I can't help but think " Why me?". And don't even get me started if they are identical twin boys.
And one more thing, why does just about every woman I know who gets pregnant, wishes for twins? I wouldn't wish that potential complication on my worst enemy.


Ok, enough with the feeling sorry for myself for right now. Onto the good stuff for today!
Maclain did great at therapy today. He is just getting so much stronger and he tries so hard. We have had alot of transition over the last few months, and it has taken him and I some time to adjust to our new therapy team, but so far his PT is on my good side. She is so positive and really gets excited when he does something new or gets better at something. And she is so positive about what she thinks Maclain will achieve over time. If I can make it through a therapy session without crying, or at least getting the teary sting in my eye, it is a good day, but with our PT sessions, I don't get the stressful worry, I just enjoy all the hard work Mac is doing, and see how much stronger he is getting. It takes so much of my energy mentally to get through the day these days, let alone through all the therapy sessions, but his new PT makes it a little easier!
And as a side note, with his new haircut, could he be any cuter?

No comments:

Post a Comment