Summer loving

Summer loving
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Another kick at the can

So, after many months of daily nudgings to myself to write new posts on Maclain's blog, I am finally back in the saddle. I have no excuses really, it just seemed like I never got around to it at the end of every day. But I realized I really missed my writings and ramblings. Regardless of whether anyone reads them or not, the posts let me get some things off my mind and my chest.

We have had an extremely busy summer. After a month at the conductive learning centre in Michigan, we continued our conductive education sessions privately with a conductor from Hungary. For 3 days a week in July and 5 days a week in August, we spent 3-4 hours a day doing therapy with 4 other little ones. I don't know if I would say it was the best therapy ever, but it was consitent and it ensured that Maclain got conductive ed on a regular basis this summer.
Come October, we will be starting at the March of Dimes again for 2 days a week, 3 hours per day to participate in their new preschool program. Mac will also be going back to the Oakville Parent Child Centre for 2 days a week for integrated preschool. And then of course we will have our regular PT,OT and AVT sessions weekly.

I find lately that although Mac has made many strides over the past few months, I seem to be more down in the dumps about his CP. It's almost like once he learns something new, or accomplishes something, I get too excited and my expectations soar. It then takes me a good few days, or weeks to come back down to my "take one day at a time" thinking.

We also had something else exciting happen this summer. Mac turned 3! It was a day of mixed emotions. So blessed that he is here and a part of our life, but still sad that his brother Braden is not with us, and that Maclain has had to overcome so much in his first 3 years. We did have a great day overall, and his party was wonderful. This was the first year he had his own little friends at the party, and not just family friends, or Chase's friends. My little boy is growing up!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, my 2 year old is a surviving triplet(TTTS survivor) he has been diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy. He doesn't talk yet either, but we have never got much of an explanation why he don't talk... I enjoy your blog.. I couldn't find a button to follow, but I would love to follow your blog. Please visit and follow me at
    preemiedays1.blogspot.com
    privettblog.blogspot.com

    Thanks,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog on Bloggy Moms. I have an 18 month old son with some special needs but we are still kind of new to the whole process of all of the therapies, etc.. .I'm a bit overwhelmed!
    Your son is absolutely beautiful. I hope you do continue to write more blog posts about his journey.
    God bless you.
    ~Allie
    www.littlebabyfields.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete